This Journey of Ours

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Did I Gave Myself That Chance?

Do You Want to be Healed?

It seems like such a ridiculous question. Of course, I want to be healed! But, then, I knew, in the way you know, what He meant.

Was I willing to do the hard work of facing painful situations, of uncovering bitterness and admitting to deep, resentful anger? Was I willing to give up my stubborn excuses that allowed me to stay the same, somehow seeing my weakness and vulnerabilities.

Was I willing to give up control, let God be God, and admit that I can’t, but he can – or would I rather insist that I can, even though I can’t, holding myself in a cycle of helplessness and hopelessness?

By the pool at Sheep Gate, Jesus asked an invalid of 38 years: “Do you want to be healed?” and his question swept through the man, swept through 2,000 years, and swept into the shadows of my soul.

“Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me …”

But there stood the Great Healer holding out help, acutely aware that we can’t, but God can, knowing this to be true because he was walking toward the only way to recreate us whole and healthy. He was on the road to Calvary.

The question lingers for you: Do you really want to be healed?

(Note: The story that inspired this in John 5:1-9.)

***************

Have I been allowing Him to? It seems like I haven't. I keep saying He does nothing. That I can't feel Him in my life lately with so much spinning out of control. No, just, spinning out of MY control. Twisting into knots that I can't undo. Until they get undone somehow and spin off.

Let me ask myself again.

Do I really want to be heal? Would I let myself be healed? Same question.
2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    ask yourself why do you want to be healed :)


  2. teddykins Says:

    I think the question is. DO I WANT TO BE HEAL. =]

    Why? It doesn't seem so important now. Why, what, who, where. Doesn't matter. What matters is DO I?

    Thanks, kitty! =]