This Journey of Ours

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Just For You

This is for you, Tia. (a.ka. Athena Chai Ning)

Time flies.

I want to just turn back time, even if it's for awhile. Where it was simplier. To when I see you everyday. When we argue over the silliest things everyday. Calling each other silly names. Doing stupid things. It's another year. And once again, it's the day you were borned, your birthday. I wrote that below last year, and just for memories sake, I'd post it below. I can't seem to write something to express what I feel inside, words fail me at times. I hope the below suffices.



"28th March 2007.
seventeen years ago, you were born.
i wasn't there when you were born though.
i was still in my mum's womb.
you were your daddy's joy then and still are now.
the apple in his eye, his pride and joy.
daddy's baby girl.

never did we knew we'd be friends.
nor did the thought of being close friends beyond understanding did cross our minds.
remember that day, more than nine years ago?
i turn around, look in your eyes and said the first words to you.
lame as it is, hey, you speak english? (i still chuckle remembering) that was the start of everything. talks over the phones (so long!),
funny silly carefree comments (so silly to know),
exchanged lunches, recesses together,
stubborn fights, sleepovers, movies together,
going about town, mcd sundaes,
nights outside your house watching stars (think cadbury, red wine!),
notes passed during class, silly things,
accessories, cartoons drawn, books borrowed and lent.
your family nearly like mine, mine likes yours.
so many memories.. knowing you since we were both eight.
so many similar traits.
you're like me, part of me.
and sometimes, it hurts to miss you. especially when u jet off to shangai to be with your daddy.. oh wells.
we outgrew the bestest-best friend i think. hehehe.
not being in the same school, gets sad at times.
anyhoo, it's a happy day, no sad things.
just to celebrate your special day. (we still can't drive! darn) wish i could just sprout wings and fly there!
your love for fashion,
my love for science.
sharing same loves of chocolates, milk, BOOKS!, music, COLORS!, photography, movies!,pon and zi!
soo many things, huh?
love you for everything.
your flaws, your headstrong self that drives me bonkers.
your stubborness! your smile that makes me feel so loved.
everything!

missing you now.
it's your birthday. this one's for you.. "



Happy 18th Birthday, baby girl. For now, this post will have to suffice. And the promise of driving over would be on hold. (Drat that L license.) Many happy returns of this happy day. I intended to write this after midnight. But then, it seems not meant to be. School tomorrow. Ah wells. Hugs, kisses, buckets of love and what not for you..
2 Responses
  1. Athena C Says:

    thanks... *muacks* ... *hugs*


  2. teddykins Says:

    Aww. You didn't have to.

    I.O.U, girl. I.O.U.