This Journey of Ours

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

A New Chapter

A new chapter.


A new entry.

Turn the page, won't you? I believe, it is now, pages, not just a page.


Counting today, shy of five days, I’d be here in the driest state of the driest continent of the world for nearly a month. Yes, time has once streaked past me, as always. The days have been days of lessons, new experiences and self searching. Arriving here on a blustery Monday morning and met with a 12ºC weather and strong winds that literally blew me off balance after nearly 7 hours of flight was, well, unexpected, very unexpected if I’d say so myself. Seeing Flinders Range while thousands of feet above the ground was relief. I was actually glad knowing that I’d land not long. Before the flight, during the flight, met a few people, even actors. (Another story for another day, I believe. Hehe) The flight was emotional draining. I cried like some blubbering fool from the departure gate in KIA until I was well above the night skies. It was hard. Leaving home, leaving things behind. Funny, now when I think back on it, I find myself aching so much yet glad that I’m doing my best to look forward now. When I reached here, I went to my room, (fondly referred to know as my abode, for me the hermit) with Gerard in a backpack, two luggage and two boxes on my floor of my room strewn, it was just overwhelming. I had to sit down on the floor and take a few deep breaths, yes, I was that distraught. Now, it’s a place where I come back to and yea, practically spend most of my time in.


Days past, got used to the UNPREDICTABLE weather, the people, the mealtimes, the meals (yes, I eat and I’m missing food back home! Sighs.), lessons, sleeping times (still can’t sleep as much as I like), the place, the culture, using the currency (I do covert, rule number one, never covert all the time, else you’d be spending time counting more in your head than actually buying anything). Orientation was very educational and helpful, learned a lot of things of this place that I’ve come to like, the somewhat laidback feeling I find comfortable. I learned how to do A LOT of things I won’t be bothered to do back home, for example, BANKING (those that know me know how I can’t stand the whole hassle, but alas, I have to do it here myself, lessons, lessons, inevitable) and TAKING THE BUS! (Still not very used to the system, but hey, I’m getting there, give me time, I’ve been here for less than a month, cut me slack!) Those two are but a few things I’ve come to do myself.


Friends, yes, I’ve found a few. Quite a few I’d say. My batch, C9 is but a batch so varied in age, religion, race, culture. How so one asks? Well, we come from four different countries - China, Malaysia, The Philippines and Poland. A quick run through, Susie and Jackie are from China. Jovylyn, Romar, Laarni, Johnry, Michelle (the last three are cousins) are from the Philippines. Aga (her real name is really hard to spell and pronounce, so Aga it is) is from Poland. Last but not least, us, Malaysians, we are all Sarawakians (Yay! The Land of the Hornbills!) just that we’re all from different towns. Jeffrey is from Sibu. Suneeta is from Miri. Yieng Hung and Allan are from Sarikei. Joyce, Marilyn and I are from Kuching! And that’s just about our nationalities. (Perhaps I’d have another post just to describe them?)


Classes. What can I say? I’ve learned so much, and yes, it is not what I thought it’d be. I learned a lot about myself, my capabilities as well, and I love my classes so far. Classes are from 0900 to 1630 from Monday to Friday (except Tuesday which is until 1830, for English Class) Practical as well, I enjoy them. Tiring, but I’m amazed at how I find myself actually eager to learn. I’ve been to a few Nursing homes already, Parklyn, Aldgate Senior Day Center and today, Ananda.


So much learned in such a short span of time, that it’s mind boggling. Emotions, abundant if I’d say so myself.


A lot of things, if I were to really give a blow by blow account, that would just be too tedious for me and to be read, no?


More soon.


Teddy misses home..

2 Responses
  1. VIRUZ_XP Says:

    dont worry,

    just fight through the good fight and before you know it,

    you're home d.


  2. JiAYinG Says:

    dear,miss u..
    哈哈,我的英文还是一样,你的文章我有看没有很懂,不过我还是很遗憾没有去送你机。。
    什么时候要回来呢?会不会通知我呢?愿不愿意再一起去逛街呢?好多好多的问号在我小小的脑袋里,你什么时候要回答我呢?
    不要忘记,在遥远的古晋,还有胖胖的佳盈在等你回来哦^^