This Journey of Ours

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

To Be Discouraged, A Choice

Hebrews 10:36-37
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, “He who is coming will come and will not delay.”

If you’re discouraged because of God’s delay in answering your prayers, understand the delay is NOT a denial. Just because the answer or the miracle hasn’t come – yet – that doesn’t mean God isn’t going to answer, or that he’s forgotten you, or that he doesn’t care about you.

It simply means “not yet!”

Spiritual maturity is knowing the difference between “No” and “Not yet,” between a denial and a delay. The Bible tells us, “He who is coming will come and will not delay” Hebrews 10:37. The delay may be a test of your patience. Anybody can be patient once. And, anybody can be patient twice. And, just about anybody can be patient three times. So God tests you patience over and over and over. Why? To see how patient you are? No, he does it to show you how patient you are. So you’ll know what’s inside of you, and you’ll be able to know your level of commitment. God tests you so that you can know he is faithful, even if the answers you seek are delayed.If you’re discouraged, turn it around by remembering God teaches you patience during delay. Ask him to transform your discouragement into patience.

Some of you are discouraged over your children that their lives are not going well. Some of you are discouraged about your marriage; it’s not at all what you thought it would be. You feel deflated and disappointed. Some of you are discouraged about your finances, or your health, or the economy, or an unanswered prayer.

I want to say something to you, and it may sound mean, but it isn’t. It’s simply truth, so I say this in love: If you’re discouraged, that’s your choice.

We make a choice to be discouraged. We make a choice to let discouraging thoughts move freely through our minds. But, we can also make a choice to change our thoughts at any time, taking them captive in the Lord. You get to choose what to focus on – your purpose or your problems, God’s power or your weakness, or your circumstances.

We can fight discouragement.

Here’s a tip to help: When you get discouraged, focus somewhere else. Say to yourself, “I don’t have time to be discouraged right now. I’m too busy fulfilling my life mission.” This doesn’t mean you should be a Pollyanna and pretend everything is okay. You can be realistic, but you also need to be optimistic.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13. God says, “Lo, I am with you always” Matthew 28:20

He will help you and he will strengthen you. Faith starts with optimism. Some of you have been praying for something specific and you haven’t yet gotten the answer. In Habbakuk 2:3 God says, “These things I plan [for your life] won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place.” Just be patient. The answer you’re waiting for will not be overdue a single day. God’s timing is always perfect.

You may be going through difficult times right now and feel like dropping off the planet. You’re discouraged because the situation you face seems unmanageable, unreasonable, or unfair. It may seem unbearable and inside you’re basically saying, “God, I can’t take it anymore. I just can’t take it anymore!” BUT YOU CAN. You can stay with it longer because God is with you. He’ll enable you to press on. Remember, you are never a failure until you quit.

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3

Don’t quit. Resist discouragement and finish the race God has set before you.
*************

Ooo

Thought provoking, no? The above is excerpted from two mails Sheryl sent me. Edited it and put both of it together. This is one those "answers" He gives me. =) He's super tech-savvy, okay? Here I am, still questioning and suddenly, He sents me answers through mail, lol! (Thanks to Sheryl) Been very frustrated lately. And, poof. ANSWERS. Answers I wanted. Answers that reassures. Answers that I thought don't exist. Answers to questions I thought He didn't think was important enough to answer.. Answers in little little forms. He has been answering me all these while. He's a wonder working God that sometimes, it makes me smile just to know these albeit maybe a tad late than I'd like. Nonetheless.. *smiles* He gave me answers to things I questioned for two years, TWO LONG years. (okay, I'm exaggerating, but it was long okay?) But, I was relieved, contented, satisfiend and yes, ready, it seems. He seems to know what's best. A loving Father indeed. And now, I'm speechless. (literally) Don't know what to say. So many things in my head now..

And, buckets of love He sends much in abundance lately. Just when I needed it the most .. Rain, my love, my solace. *smile* The train of thoughts is chugging away, best I take my leap and climb aboard. Going to watch rain outside my window. Soothing melodies of old that lisped of true promises and loving tears.

Headache now, I need sleeeeeeep.

To be discouraged, it's not willed by Him. It's our choice and ours alone. Why did I chose that? I still don't know why. Why do I choose to deny that I'm weak and I should just trust?? Why. Too many of them why's.. My thinking cap is fraying at the ends.

2 Responses
  1. lyrehs Says:

    Haha! I don't even remember when I emailed you this....

    Glad that it speaks to you or anyone else for that matters.

    :)


  2. teddykins Says:

    =) He works in mysterious ways.